Director of Development - The Joslyn CenterCompany: The Joslyn Center
Date Posted: December 20, 2017
Responsibilities and Duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the direction of the Executive Director and Fund Development Committee, develops and executes the Joslyn Center’s annual fund development plan with special attention to the Strategic Plan:
· Secures financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations through development of a variety of giving vehicles and appeals
· Strong interpersonal skills in developing and cultivating a wide range of donors
· Develops and expands the donor database(s) and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors
· Plans, promotes, implements, and evaluates the Center’s special fundraising events
· Researches, develops, tracks proposals, creates reports, and maintains files for all grant requests
Serves as Staff support to Fund Development Committee
Under the direction of the Executive Director and with special attention to the Strategic Plan, develops communications and marketing strategies that will increase exposure, broaden programmatic reach and deepen impact:
· Creates, implements, and evaluates the annual marketing and public relations plan
· Serves as liaison to the media, preparing and planning press releases and creating relevant stories as needed to support the Joslyn Center’s efforts
Actively creates and coordinates production of marketing materials and oversees: the website, print newsletter, e-newsletter, social media, video, and other promotional vehicles
Supervises the Communications/Publications Coordinator by assigning and reviewing work schedule, setting goals, and evaluating performance.
Incumbent must be flexible to changing policies and procedures, as well as varying deadlines.
Qualifications and Skills
Education and/or experience – BA or equivalent from an accredited institution plus three years’ experience in the development and marketing fields OR Associates Degree and minimum five years’ related experience and training.
Must be willing to become First Aid trained and CPR certified within 6 (six) months of hire and agree to maintain such certification during Center employment.
Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients, managers, colleagues, and the general public through public speaking, presentations, and the use of excellent writing skills.
The Joslyn Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive benefits package including medical, and retirement plan.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Please submit your Resume in confidence to:Jack Newby, Executive DirectorThe Joslyn Center73-750 Catalina WayPalm Desert, CA 92260