Development ManagerCompany: Susan G. Komen Inland Empire
Date Posted: January 23, 2018
Title: Development Manager
Reports To: Executive Director
Employment Status: Full-Time
FLSA Code: Exempt
Salary & Benefits: Competitive Salary (Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision)
Susan G. Komen Inland Empire Development Manager will fundraise, develop, and steward corporate and individual relationships in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. This position will identify new opportunities to grow portfolio engagement across all fundraising channels to increase revenue, including corporate partnerships, special events, and individual giving. A successful candidate will manage and steward a portfolio of corporate and individual relationships, and work as a team player to drive growth to achieve our mission and revenue goals. This position is accountable for significant revenue targets.
The ideal candidate must have proven success in fundraising and/or sales and relationship management. Exceptional organizational, written, and verbal communication skills are necessary for this position. Must have ability to multitask, meet deadlines, and achieve results in a team environment.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Supervise planning, execution, budgeting, and evaluation of assigned events, including but not limited to Susan G. Komen Inland Empire Race for the Cure and Race committees, and event support in our service area.
• Manage a fundraising portfolio for Susan G. Komen Inland Empire affiliate.
• Creating and executing fundraising strategies, work to grow additional revenue for the Susan G. Komen Inland Empire.
• Serve as a member of the team influencing and driving relationships and best practices to accomplish market and region financial goals.
• Accountable to develop and steward a portfolio of relationships to provide funding for our mission (sponsorship, campaigns, event teams, grants, donations, and other partnerships).
• Develop revenue projections and provide financial analysis.
• Oversee stewardship activities; ensure a high-touch response to partners and donors.
• Work with high level volunteers to provide local leadership, resources, and partnerships.
• Drive donor centric partnerships to support financial goals of market events, programs and prioritized initiatives.
• Ensure that all contacts made on behalf of Komen Inland Empire are recorded in the donor management system along with appropriate notes and guidance regarding the cultivation of those contacts
• Deliver high customer service to all constituents.
• Ensure compliance with Komen National and Komen Affiliate policies, including employment, risk management, event and cash handling, and financial controls.
• Demonstrate integrity, collaboration and stewardship.• Represent Komen Inland Empire in the community in a manner consistent with the ethical code of the organization and in order to develop positive relations with the community and volunteers. Exhibit an inclusive, sensitive attitude in all internal and external work relationships.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Work Experience, Skill Requirements & Certifications:
Minimum Education (or substitute experience) required:
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Minimum Experience required:
• Minimum of five (5) years professional experience including responsibility for fund development of at least $300,000 - $500,000 annually, a proven track record in fund development and supervision and leadership of a nonprofit revenue development team.
• Strong organizational skills to plan, implement, and administer fund development events and programs. Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail-oriented. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously, prioritize work and handle last minute demands appropriately.
• Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal, presentation, interpersonal and public speaking skills
• Ability to analyze data, including statistics and demographics, and draw conclusions for planning courses of action that will yield desired fund development results. Strong customer relationship management skills.
• Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and in general data entry.
• A professional nature with the ability to meet deadlines and quickly establish priorities
• Organizational skills with thoroughness, timeliness, and detail when working under pressure tight deadlines
• Outcome driven with ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities.
• Ability to rally and organize staff, volunteers, and community members to achieve overall organizational goals
• Effective work performance in a team environment and in self-directed situations.
• Proven success with working in a team environment.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously without constant supervision.
• Experience and competency with fundraising software such as Raiser’s Edge, SalesForce or other relational database management software a plus.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
• CFRE preferred.
Minimum License, Certifications & Affiliations/Memberships and CEU’s:
• Valid California driver’s license and an insured vehicle in good working order.
• Must successfully complete a post offer criminal history background check
Please include: Please send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com and put Development Manager in the subject line.
About The Company:
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever. In 1982, that promise became Susan G. Komen® and launched the global breast cancer movement. Today, Komen for the Cure is the world’s largest grassroots network of breast cancer survivors and activists fighting to save lives, empower people, ensure quality care for all and energize science to find the cures. Through events like the Susan G. Komen® Inland Empire Race for the Cure, the Susan g. Komen Inland Empire has invested more than $6.4 million in community breast health programs in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. Seventy five percent of net proceeds generated by the Affiliate stays in Riverside and San Bernardino Counties. The remaining funds go to the national Susan G. Komen for the Cure Grants Program to fund research. For more information visit www.komenie.org.