Director, Alumni EngagementCompany: College of the Desert
Date Posted: May 16, 2018
Director, Alumni Engagement
Job Type: Leadership
Under the direction of the Executive Director of the Foundation, the Director of Alumni Engagement is responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage COD alumni in the life of the College. The Director of Alumni Engagement will work with campus department's districtwide to create an awareness of the alumni engagement program and to build bridges between the student experience and becoming an alumnus/na of the College. In addition, the Director of Alumni Engagement is charged with securing the involvement of alumni to volunteer in support of key college priorities; collaborating with colleagues in a range of administrative offices (including, but not limited to Admissions, Athletics, Student Affairs, student ambassadors and the Foundation) as well as the College as a whole to create and maintain pathways for alumni participation; and serving as a liaison between college alumni and campus leadership.
- Plan, implement and promote alumni programs that support the College's central mission and goals.
- Ensure accurate and complete alumni records; capture contact, biographical and career information of alumni via surveys, projects (e.g. alumni directory), correspondence, website, etc.
- Establish and build relationships with a wide range of alumni locally, regionally, nationally and internationally.
- Maintain regular communication with alumni through a variety of media.
- Partner with Admissions to spearhead the introduction of alumni involvement in student recruitment; partner with the Director of Career and Workforce Solutions Center to plan the growth and accessibility of career networking services between students and alumni.
- Develop and coordinate activities for Special Anniversary Events attend meetings; develop relationships.
- Supervise and monitor representatives working with other alumni groups: (0-5 years; 6-15 years; 16-25 years; 36-45 years; 46-60 years.
- Represent the College at receptions, dinners, luncheons for alumni.
- Create and oversee the content development for emails, print media, alumni website and social media.
- In partnership with the Office of Institutional Advancement develops and maintains a strategic marketing and communications production calendar of task-related deadlines to meet deadlines for an Alumni magazine, broadcast email campaigns, the creation of an e-newsletter, and other related projects,-aligned with the college's strategic communications plan.
- Serve as a liaison between outside vendors and internal departments to manage various technology platforms used to communicate with alumni.
- Create and implement the alumni relations strategy including collecting data and analyzing the effectiveness of communication channels to maximize the involvement of alumni in the life of the college.
- Coordinate strategic alumni communications in print, on the alumni website and through social media in alignment with the college's branding standards and in collaboration with college Office of Institutional Advancement.
- Provide quarterly reports of alumni engagement to the Alumni Association Auxiliary Board and attend their monthly meetings.
- Establish and alumni affinity program and discount programs for alumni of the college.
- Establish an alumni travel program in collaboration with the college Partnership and Community Education (when applicable).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree required, Graduate Degree preferred. Direct experience in creating and leading alumni engagement programs. Three to five years of relevant managerial/supervisory experience in higher education. At least one year of experience with alumni engagement software and database systems as well as a variety of social media platforms.
Graduate Degree preferred. Bilingual Spanish and English.
Requires knowledge and understanding of working in a community college environment. Must be knowledgeable of applicable public education and non-profit laws, procedures and practices. Demonstrated goal-oriented experience, superior public speaking/presentation skills, strong organizational, human relations and excellent customer service skills.
The ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds. The demonstrated ability to strategize, implement and build constituency programs and activities, along with a talent for motivating volunteers. Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment to achieve institutional goals. High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Office environment. Driving a vehicle to conduct work as necessary. Requires some evening and weekend responsibility.
Interview Date: 06/27/2018
Posting Open Date: 05/03/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/04/2018
Special Instructions to Applicants
In order for your application to be considered, the following items are required:
- Resume: include education and experience with employment dates.
- Transcripts: Must be from an accredited institution and include institution name, degree awarded and date degree awarded. Diplomas will not be accepted in lieu of transcripts.
- Cover Letter/Statement: Address the responsibilities and the personal/professional competencies listed in the position announcement.
- List of References: Include at least 6 references which should include 2 faculty, 2 supervisors, 1 staff, and 1 student.
To apply, visit: https://cod.peopleadmin.com/postings/2601
If you are a person who thrives in a diverse environment, who values integrity, respect, student success, and professionalism, we welcome and encourage you to apply.
Employment selection and related decisions at College of the Desert are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, color or any other protected class.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency