PART TIME GRANT WRITERCompany: The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
Date Posted: October 13, 2017
About The Living Desert:
Do you love animals and desert flora? Do you have a passion for educating future generations about our natural wildlife and how to preserve and care for it? Do you have a successful background in grant writing and want to feel good every day about what you do?
Join our Living Desert Development team as a part-time grant writer, with the possibility of moving into full time.
The Living Desert welcomes over 420,000 annual visitors and since opening in 1970 the park has grown to become a participant in global efforts to save endangered desert animals as well as a local scientific resource for desert ecosystem information.
Position Summary: This position will start as a part time 20-30 hour a week position to identify, develop and cultivate funding sources to support existing and planned program activities as well as coordinate and implement the development, writing, and submission of grant proposals to third-party entities. The position is also responsible for collecting, analyzing, evaluating, and reporting data on the performance of program activities that are funded by third-party public and private sources. Reports directly to the Director of Development and works closely with TLD leadership.
- Completes and submits existing grants in a timely manner.
- Researches past TLD grant requests and contacts funders for current opportunities.
- Researches and identifies new government, corporate, foundations and private funding sources.
- Generates proposals, budgets and supporting documents in response to funding opportunities.
- Communicates regularly with staff across the organization to determine priorities for solicitation, including unrestricted support for general operating needs and grants for specific TLD programs and activities.
- Maintains and implements grant-funding calendar activities, including grant due dates, program reporting requirements.
- Maintain thorough computer records and paper files of all contact with funding organizations.
- Engages and develops relationships with program officers at funding organizations to submit proposals.
- Develop a private foundation and corporate recognition program.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; computer (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel) and database management skills.
Email cover letter and resume to:
Director of Development Jan Hawkins: firstname.lastname@example.org